- Y. Liang, H. Qin, N. Mehra, J. Zhu, Z. Yang, G. L. Doll, C. Ye, and Y. Dong, “Controllable hierarchical micro/nano patterns on biomaterial surfaces fabricated by ultrasonic nanocrystalline surface modification,” Mater. Des., vol. 137, pp. 325–334, Oct. 2017.
- H. Zhang, H. Qin, Z. Ren, J. Zhao, X. Hou, G. L. Doll, Y. Dong, and C. Ye, “Low-temperature nitriding of nanocrystalline Inconel 718 alloy,” Surf. Coatings Technol., 2017.
- T. Ji, C. Ma, L. Brisbin, L. Mu, C. G. Robertson, Y. Dong, and J. Zhu, “Organosilane grafted silica: Quantitative correlation of microscopic surface characters and macroscopic surface properties,” Appl. Surf. Sci., vol. 399, pp. 565–572, 2017.
- J. Zhao, Y. Dong, and C. Ye, “Laser Shock Peening Induced Residual Stresses and the Effect on Crack Propagation Behavior,” Int. J. Fatigue, vol. 100, pp. 407–417, 2017.
- H. Zhang, R. Chiang, H. Qin, Z. Ren, X. Hou, D. Lin, G. L. Doll, V. K. Vasudevan, Y. Dong, and C. Ye, “The Effects of Ultrasonic Nanocrystal Surface Modification on the Fatigue Performance of 3D-Printed Ti64,” Int. J. Fatigue, vol. 103, pp. 136–146, 2017.
- J. Liu, S. Suslov, S. Li, H. Qin, Z. Ren, G. L. Doll, H. Cong, Y. Dong, and C. Ye, “Electrically Assisted Ultrasonic Nanocrystal Surface Modification of Ti6Al4V Alloy,” Adv. Eng. Mater., vol. 1700470, p. 1700470, Aug. 2017.
- H. Qin, Z. Ren, J. Zhao, C. Ye, G. L. Doll, and Y. Dong, “Effects of ultrasonic nanocrystal surface modification on the wear and micropitting behavior of bearing steel in boundary lubricated steel-steel contacts,” Wear, vol. 392–393, no. September, pp. 29–38, Dec. 2017.
- J. Liu, S. Zhang, Q. Li, X.-Q. Feng, Z. Di, C. Ye, and Y. Dong, “Lateral force modulation by moiré superlattice structure: Surfing on periodically undulated graphene sheets,” Carbon N. Y., vol. 125, pp. 76–83, 2017.
- C. Ma, T. Ji, C. G. Robertson, R. Rajeshbabu, J. Zhu, and Y. Dong, “Molecular insight into the Mullins effect: irreversible disentanglement of polymer chains revealed by molecular dynamics simulations,” Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys., vol. 19, pp. 19468–19477, 2017.
- J. Zhao, G. X. Wang, Y. Dong, and C. Ye, “Multiscale modeling of localized resistive heating in nanocrystalline metals subjected to electropulsing,” J. Appl. Phys., vol. 122, no. 8, 2017.
- C. Ma, G. X. Wang, C. Ye, and Y. Dong, “Shocking of metallic glass to induce microstructure heterogeneity: A molecular dynamics study,” J. Appl. Phys., vol. 122, no. 9, 2017.
- Y. Qi, J. Liu, J. Zhang, Y. Dong, and Q. Li, “Wear Resistance Limited by Step Edge Failure: The Rise and Fall of Graphene as an Atomically Thin Lubricating Material,” ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, vol. 9, no. 1, pp. 1099–1106, 2017.
- J. Zhao, G.X. Wang, C. Ye, and Y. Dong, “A numerical model coupling diffusion and grain growth in nanocrystalline materials,” Comput. Mater. Sci., vol. 136, pp. 243–252, 2017.
- X. Hou, H. Qin, H. Gao, S. Mankoci, R. Zhang, X. Zhou, Z. Ren, G. L. Doll, A. Martini, N. Sahai, Y. Dong, and C. Ye, “A systematic study of mechanical properties, corrosion behavior and biocompatibility of AZ31B Mg alloy after ultrasonic nanocrystal surface modification,” Mater. Sci. Eng. C, vol. 78, pp. 1061–1071, 2017.
- J. Liu, S. Suslov, S. Li, H. Qin, Z. Ren, C. Ma, G. X. Wang, G. L. Doll, H. Cong, Y. Dong, and C. Ye, “Effects of ultrasonic nanocrystal surface modification on the thermal oxidation behavior of Ti6Al4V,” Surf. Coatings Technol., vol. 325, pp. 289–298, 2017.
- S. Li, Z. Ren, Y. Dong, C. Ye, G. Cheng, and H. Cong, “Enhanced Pitting Corrosion Resistance of 304 SS in 3. 5 wt % NaCl by Ultrasonic Nanocrystal Surface Modification,” vol. 164, no. 12, pp. 682–689, 2017.
- C. Ma, M. T. Andani, H. Qin, N. S. Moghaddam, H. Ibrahim, A. Jahadakbar, A. Amerinatanzi, Z. Ren, H. Zhang, G. L. Doll, Y. Dong, M. Elahinia, and C. Ye, “Improving surface finish and wear resistance of additive manufactured nickel-titanium by ultrasonic nano-crystal surface modification,” J. Mater. Process. Technol., vol. 249, no. June, pp. 433–440, 2017.
- C. Ma, H. Qin, Z. Ren, S. C. O’Keeffe, J. Stevick, G. L. Doll, Y. Dong, B. Winiarski, and C. Ye, “Increasing fracture strength in bulk metallic glasses using ultrasonic nanocrystal surface modification,” J. Alloys Compd., vol. 718, pp. 246–253, 2017.
- Z. Ren, G.X. Wang, C. Ye, and Y. Dong, “A Fokker–Planck code for laser plasma interaction in femtosecond-laser shock peening,” J. Phys. D. Appl. Phys., vol. 49, no. 8, p. 85204, 2016.
- A. K. Gujba, Z. Ren, Y. Dong, C. Ye, and M. Medraj, “Effect of ultrasonic nanocrystalline surface modification on the water droplet erosion performance of Ti6Al4V,” Surf. Coatings Technol., vol. 307, pp. 157–170, 2016.
- C. Ye, X. Zhou, A. Telang, H. Gao, Z. Ren, H. Qin, S. Suslov, A. S. A. S. A. S. Gill, S. R. R. Mannava, D. Qian, G. L. G. L. Doll, A. Martini, N. Sahai, and V. K. V. K. Vasudevan, “Surface amorphization of NiTi alloy induced by Ultrasonic Nanocrystal Surface Modification for improved mechanical properties,” J. Mech. Behav. Biomed. Mater., vol. 53, pp. 455–462, Jan. 2016.
- J. Zhao, G. X. Wang, C. Ye, and Y. Dong, “Cellular automata modeling of nitriding in nanocrystalline metals,” Comput. Mater. Sci., vol. 118, pp. 342–352, 2016.
- X. Z. Liu, Z. Ye, Y. Dong, P. Egberts, R. W. Carpick, and A. Martini, “Dynamics of Atomic Stick-Slip Friction Examined with Atomic Force Microscopy and Atomistic Simulations at Overlapping Speeds,” Phys. Rev. Lett., vol. 114, no. 14, pp. 1–5, 2015.
- J. Shi, Y. Dong, T. Fisher, and X. Ruan, “Thermal transport across carbon nanotube-graphene covalent and van der Waals junctions,” J. Appl. Phys., vol. 118, no. 4, 2015.
- C. Ye, Y. Liu, X. Sang, Z. Ren, J. Zhao, X. Hou, and Y. Dong, “Solid state amorphization of nanocrystalline nickel by cryogenic laser shock peening,” J. Appl. Phys., vol. 118, no. 13, pp. 1–6, 2015.
- X. Hu, P. Egberts, Y. Dong, and A. Martini, “Molecular dynamics simulation of amplitude modulation atomic force microscopy,” Nanotechnology, vol. 26, no. 23, p. 235705, 2015.
- Y. Liao, C. Ye, and G. J. Cheng, “A review: Warm laser shock peening and related laser processing technique,” Opt. Laser Technol., vol. 78, pp. 15–24, Apr. 2016.
- Y. Dong, H. Gao, A. Martini, and P. Egberts, “Reinterpretation of velocity-dependent atomic friction: Influence of the inherent instrumental noise in friction force microscopes,” Phys. Rev. E – Stat. Nonlinear, Soft Matter Phys., vol. 90, no. 1, pp. 1–8, 2014.
- C. Ye, A. Telang, A. S. Gill, S. Suslov, Y. Idell, K. Zweiacker, J. M. K. Wiezorek, Z. Zhou, D. Qian, S. R. Mannava, and V. K. Vasudevan, “Gradient nanostructure and residual stresses induced by Ultrasonic Nano-crystal Surface Modification in 304 austenitic stainless steel for high strength and high ductility,” Mater. Sci. Eng. A, vol. 613, pp. 274–288, 2014.
- Y. Dong, “Effects of substrate roughness and electron–phonon coupling on thickness-dependent friction of graphene,” J. Phys. D. Appl. Phys., vol. 47, no. 5, p. 55305, 2014.
- H. Gao, Y. Dong, and A. Martini, “Atomistic study of lateral contact stiffness in friction force microscopy,” Tribol. Int., vol. 74, pp. 57–61, 2014.
- Y. Dong, X. Wu, and A. Martini, “Atomic roughness enhanced friction on hydrogenated graphene,” Nanotechnology, vol. 24, no. 37, p. 375701, 2013.
For Dr. Yalin Dong publications before joining UA, please go to: http://gozips.uakron.edu/~ydong/Publications.htm
For Dr. Chang Ye publications before joining UA, please go to: http://gozips.uakron.edu/~cye/